Default Problem transferring MP3 files to USB stick

Hi there,
    After some advice please.
    I done this before several times and had no problems at all.
    I have just copies some music tracks from a CD using a CD to MP3 converter which I have installed on my PC running Win 7.
    No problems converting. When I transfer them to my USB stick by senbding them to removable 'E' which is the USB. They transfer and are listed as a MP32 format file on the USB stick. When I try to play them on Window Media player from the USB stick a error message appears saying windows media player encountered a problem while playing the file.
    It play on windows media player from my music library on my PC and also from the CD converter with no problems. Also tried Itunes and theyplay from my music library on my PC.
    I also noticed when I attached the USB stick to my television to play the music tracks there was no files there in the folder. I have other folders on the USB stick with music and they all play on my television.
    Don't know why this has just happened.
    Any ideas, as I haven't a clue. Is it anything to do with codecs with windows media player, so the mp3 filw won't play and transer to the USB stick.

Thanks.
    Kerry

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi KerryH,

Sorry for the delay in responding. You say
    They transfer and are listed as a MP32 format file on the USB stick.
    do you mean mp3? Try this, highlight the mp3's you want transferred to the stick, copy (don't drag) and paste in on the stick (make sure the stick is open and check to see that they have copied ok). Try playing from the stick, if that works, copy and paste to your music file or destination on your PC.

Hope this works for you.

Hi,
    Thank you for replying.
    I have sorted the problem. I had to re format the USB stick and all is ok now.
    Thanks again,
    Kerry

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

That was easy ... happy computing