Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Driver Latency issues

Hi there,

Basically, I have an audio interface (komplete audio 6) I use for recording MIDI stuff, I currently when recording use generic audio drivers in my computer and have the sound output into my headset which is plugged into the computer (this method doesn't sound to best in terms of audio quality). I want to use the interface to process the sound and have a headset directly plugged into the interface to hear the sound, when I switch to use the interface's drivers it sounds great quality wise but I get audio cut outs every 10-15 seconds which makes it un playable. I have been doing research and I believe its due to driver latency I have ran DPC Latency CHecker and attached a link to a picture of the idle state of my computer. I also ran latencyMon and have also attached a screen shot of readout. Most of the research I have found is to update windows which I have updated everything I could I have tried some hotfixes, one place said update your chipset but I wasn't exactly sure how to do that. My rig is a gaming rig, ASUS sabertooth 990FX I downloaded the chipset update from the ASUS site but when installing it, it talked about updates for my graphical things and didn't feel it was the correct download. But if anyone has any suggestions or help anything would be appreciated.

-Mack

These are two images of the program results

themackyo's uploaded images - Imgur

Has your research brought you Here

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 09-13-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Yes, I have worked through that and could not find the issue, I did the windows hotfix, Updated my chipset, updated windows as much as I can along with drivers, I worked through device manager disabling and re enabling various things with no change. I tried to follow that as close a I possibly could, But I will work through it again tonight after work. Does a high latency from USBPORT.SYS mean a USB device is an issue or is it a USB related driver or something ?

Hello,

USB device is an issue or is it a USB related driver or something ?
    I'm not a 100% about that, but from what I have seen in the little research I have been able to do on your issue I'd be inclined to think it's a USB related driver issue.

I have been to my motherboards website (asus sabertooth 990FX) and their only drivers for USB are for USB 3.0 unless I am looking the wrong place but I am using 2.0 For the interface also I was getting those latency readings without the interface even plugged in, I have gone to device manager and opened up the USB tree and right clicked and scanned for driver updates and installed them but It didn't change anything. So where would be the best place to update drivers ? also is there any free software that might scan my entire computer for driver updates and install them ? there is software but it is never free and will most likely install a ton of garbage on it as well.

Please download SlimDrivers - Free
    • Click Save File and save to your desktop.
    • Double click and click I Agree button.

Note: For Vista and above, Right click and choose Run as administrator.
      Choose Custom Installation and uncheck the boxes to the left of the AVG Toolbar and AVG Secure Search to prevent them from being installed as shown below:

• Click Accept & Install >> button.
    • Once install is complete, click Finish to launch the program.
    • Click the Start Scan button in the lower right of screen.

Once scan is complete, a list of drivers that need your attention will be displayed in the user interface of the program. Locate the Display Adapters sections and place a checkmark to the left of ignore for all the other drivers listed. If you choose to update those drivers at a later time, create a System Restore point before you update each driver so you have a point to go back to in case the update causes issues.

Joe

Okay I will run this when I get home from work and let you know how it goes and if it fixes anything, thank you for your help so far I really appreciate it.

Matt

Make a restore point, anytime you up-date any driver. When you get home make a restore point first thing. Name the restore point SLIM or something......

Joe

Hi,
    I update all my drivers that SLIM said I needed to update, installed and rebooted and still showing latency spikes. LatancyMon still shows USBPORT.SYS along with DX kernal and another kernal .sys as the highest issues I can get the exact list when I get home today. The only thing I didn't try in the original link you sent me was a BIOS update, I was and am still very hesitant to mess with the BIOS, is there any reason to believe a BIOS update might fix the problem or Do you think that would fix the issue ?

Matt

I just realized my link to my images were not set to public here is the link again after I set my profile to public sorry for that.

themackyo's uploaded images - Imgur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast