Default Installing SlingPlayer

Hi Everyone, I am trying to setup my slingbox.

I Connectected my TV-box to the slingbox, then the slingbox to my TV. I get good TV.
    I went to the Slingbox web site and created an account.
    I downloaded the Slingplayer Desktop app for windows onto my Windows 7 laptop.

I have a Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 7 Premium OS and both IE and Google Chrome browser.
    I have no problems connecting to my router and surfing the internet.

My problem is that when I open the Slingplay Desktop app, I get the following Message "Failed to load Slingplayer Desktop with error (-138).
    Please check your Internet Connection and try again"

I tried reseting the Slingbox, reset the router, tried using both the WPS features and direct connection using ethernet cables.

I was told that it maybe a firewall issue, so I turned my Windows firewall off, and set my routers security to its lowest level (WPA).

Has anyone ran into this problem before? Is there any other firewall or security things I should do?

Please Help

Hello,

Boot the computer to Safe Mode with networking

To do that:

Restart windows, during restart, keep tapping the F8 Key. The windows advanced boot options menu should display. From the list use the keyboard select Safe Mode with networking. hit enter on the keyboard, let windows boot into safe mode w/ networking. Then try to open Slingplay Desktop app

Let us know if it works from there.
    Don't surf the internet in this mode as your Anti Virus and firewall do not run in this mode.... That's why we are doing this just a check to see if there is a conflict going on.

Thanks
    Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zep516 View Post
    Hello,

Boot the computer to Safe Mode with networking

To do that:

Restart windows, during restart, keep tapping the F8 Key. The windows advanced boot options menu should display. From the list use the keyboard select Safe Mode with networking. hit enter on the keyboard, let windows boot into safe mode w/ networking. Then try to open Slingplay Desktop app

Let us know if it works from there.
    Don't surf the internet in this mode as your Anti Virus and firewall do not run in this mode.... That's why we are doing this just a check to see if there is a conflict going on.

Thanks
    Joe

Thank Zep516, your advise allowed me to download the additional software that was needed to start Slingplayer.

OK,

So everything is working in regular mode ?

Joe