Default Security update failure

Hi...please can you advise at all? I'm running Windows 8. Three, maybe four times now, following the download of Microsoft security updates, for some unknown reason the download has failed & consequently the system has initiated a, 'download has failed - reverting back to original status' sequence. Can you explain why this would happen? I've checked my HDD & as far as I now it is corruption-free and clean. Problem is...after the system seemingly reverts back to its original status & then restarts, I get the same message... 'download has failed - reverting back to original status'??? At one point I've even gone as far as taking the system back to factory settings, this is ok until Microsoft attempt to download further security updates & then I get the same error message. Now, until I can get some help on it, I've configured the system to download updates ONLY if I give permission. Can I get by without the updates?

Hello,

See Here

Under option #2

I would run sfc /scannow first thing.

Then

Run the--- (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth) command to repair any component store corruption, restart the PC afterwards, and try the sfc /scannow command again.

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 11-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post: