Default PC wont wake up from sleep mode.

Hello all, I have a dell inspiron running windows 7 64 bit and when in sleep mode it won't wake up using the keyboard or mouse. The only way I can get it to come on is to restart it. Is it to hard on the PC to stay running for extended periods of time?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

Is it to hard on the PC to stay running for extended periods of time?
    Lots of PCs run 24/7/365.

Did your computer used to wake up using the keyboard and mouse? Note with this affecting both the keyboard and mouse, it suggests your USB ports are not alive during sleep mode, and not a problem with the keyboard or mouse.

Note that most motherboards has designated USB ports for the mouse and keyboard. And these ports are set in the BIOS Setup Menu to remain alive in sleep mode for the very purpose of waking the computer by pressing a key or mouse button, or wiggling the mouse. Are you using the USB ports recommended by your computer manual?
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Thanks for the reply. Yes the PC used to wake up using the mouse or keyboard. The PC is less than a year old, I'll just have to adjust.

Thank you again

Tom

The PC is less than a year old, I'll just have to adjust.
    Then it is still be under warranty and you need to contact Dell tech support. You should NOT have to adjust because this should work correctly. You don't want problems to go unfixed as they may just be an indicator of greater problems in the future - after the warranty runs out.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────