Unhappy please help im lost

My daughter dropped my wifes hp envy dv7 and broke the lower case everything was still working for a couple of months then the power port quit working. So I ordered new lower case and charger port, well I replaced them led lights on ports and back side of screen cover comes on but no screen it stays black and I really don't have money to take it to shop so close to Christmas, I would really appreciate any views or opinions thank you and merry Christmas

Hi morgan s,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Can you tell if the laptop is charging at all? Sounds like it might be since you can tell that the back side of the screen comes on.

Do you happen to have an external monitor handy that you could connect to the VGA port on the laptop to ensure the other computer components work? You could probably even borrow one from a friend or family member for troubleshooting purposes.

If connecting the external shows that the laptop is in working order, you might just need to replace the screen as displayed in this video.

Try that and let us know the results, then we can go from there, if needed.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"