Default file listed in virus scan is "not found" when I attempt to search for it

when i run a virus scan with my Avast antivirus, there are always some files that cannot be scanned. However, that list of unscannable files changes every time I scan. The message tells me they are password protected archives. Here is a sample file name of a file I can neither scan nor even find with my search option. I am the administrator and only user of my desktop PC.

C:Users\patsy-user\Downloads\install_flashplayer15x32_mssa_aaa.aih.exe\.locale.sv.json

why can I not locate this file> (I am Patsy the only user on this computer.

very disappointed that after half an hour I have received no answer

Hi Imelda,

Welcome to Help2Go!

My apologies for the delay in responding. All members here are volunteers. Yep! We do this for free out of the kindness of our hearts. I see you started your topic at 3:25am. Most of our devoted helpers were either in bed sleeping or may have been tending to real life issues such as work, family, etc. It is not our intention to make you wait and no member is ever ignored here at Help2Go, but due to this being a worldly forum, time zones can be an issue.

Please do the following. This scan is more indepth and should display the files that Avast can not find.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You will need to run the version (32 or 64-bit) that is compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, click on your Start , then right click on Computer and choose Properties at the bottom of the list. Under System, look for System Type:. There you will find if your system is 32 or 64-bit.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Thank you,
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"