Default Windows 7 freeze?

Hi, please can you help? I've got an HP desktop computer, I've recently purchased a new 500GB hard drive and I'm attempting to install Windows 7 on the drive. I had to disable the secure-boot which I did successfully, however, although I configured the system to boot from the CD Rom drive, while Windows 7 begins installing files etc., The windows 7 logo begins to appear, and the four little coloured dots begin to appear, and then it freezes & does nothing. I've tried several times but every time the windows 7 (and little coloured dots) appear, it then freezes. Any ideas please? When I first purchased the machine it had windows 8 already preinstalled, however, all I want is windows 7. Please can you advise? Thanks

Hello,

See if the video helps. Pay attention to UEFI Legacy mode in BIOS
    When installing windows 7 on a computer that previously had Windows 8, you may need to change a setting in BIOS, being UEFI Legacy mode....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkY7Zu9B6JY

I'm not well versed on this particular issue, I'm only providing a link on an issue that seems similar to what you're having. I'll research it a bit more.

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 12-23-2014 at 05:17 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the help & support 'Zep516', after much configuring, researching, and many attempts I've now settled for a new installation of win 8. I hope you have a really good Christmas, and thank you so much again.