Default Can I get rid of Windows 8.1?

Hi, Please can you offer any advice (other than throwing my PC out of the window)!! Today (30/12/2014) my PC decided it was going to download Windows 8.1, I didn't ask for it, I didn't make it happen, it just did it automatically!!?? I previously had Win 8.1 on a different hard drive & it really upset the system. I've since purchased a new hard drive & loaded just Win 8. Everything was working beautifully...until Win 8.1 started downloading. So far everything is still working as it should, but from past experience I've come to avoid Win 8.1. Can I, or am I able to get rid of Win 8.1 & revert back to Win 8? Please can you advise on this? Thank you for your time.

Hello,

Please read at the link below:

8 Things You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update | PCMag.com

I suggest you keep windows 8.1.

Use it for a while and see what you think.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi 'Zep516'

Thank you for the link. having given it a brief glimpse (but also a fair trial), I found it, generally speaking 'technically' a foreign language. However, I'm going to take your advise on both counts; I'm going to keep it, and at least for a while use it & see how things go. Thank you for the link, and the advice. Though I'm very much a computer geek (so my wife informs me), I think I'm getting too old to negotiate such technical specifications. But thank you again....hope you have a good new year. All the best.

You're welcome

Thank-you for using Help2Go

Joe