Default Battery Latch/Lock

My battery latch/lock is broken on my Toshiba Satellite Pro S360-S1001 laptop. The battery is being held in on one side by the battery release button. I've seen several battery latches on eBay but none are for this model. Does anyone have any ideas? The laptop starts for a few seconds but cuts out after that. I have to remove battery, unplug laptop, hold down start button for 20 seconds to get it to go through the same cycle again. I've ordered a new battery but wondered if there was something I could do in the interim. The DC power plug on the laptop is also loose. I'm considering installing a new one after I recive the new battery.

Hi cal4591,

Replacing the power adapter port/plug is a very delicate task. I had mine replaced at my local tech shop since it did involve soldering to the mother board.

As for the battery latch/lock, if the latch/lock is damaged on the casing of the laptop itself, I don't think a new battery will lock into place. You may have to fix the case itself.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"