Default Internet Explorer 11

I downloaded a windows update and it was internet Explorer. Now lots of times I get the message "internet found a problem and will close" might not be the exact message but some thing like it. I hit the "X" and it closes and the page shows up. Is there a way to go back to the one I had before That I think was 7 or 9 never had problems with.
    Or download firefox ? If I do that can I also keep Internet Explorer?
    This is on windows 8.1

I had a similar problem with IE8 on my XP machine it seemed to not only be screwy, but to mess up Firefox also. Based on a recommendation from someone on this forum, I just uninstalled IE8 and 7 was there. You might try that. After passing on IE8 for a while, MicroSoft just gave it to me anyway, but by then it was pretty well behaved. If just uninstalling the IE version doesn't bring back what you had, I would think that you can find the latest version somewhere on the net. Then you are no worse off than now. Probably you can find the older version, also.
    Good Luck

Hi Machine,

You could uninstall the Windows Update by following the instructions in the link below:

Remove an update - Windows Help

You can download Firefox from >>HERE<<. Look for the green download box in the upper right hand corner.

Just leave Internet Explorer (IE) alone. IE is integrated into the Windows Operating System and could cause sever corruption. IE should not be removed.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks for the advice. But I'm thinking it might be my settings. cause when I get the message now it " Internet Eplorer has stop working Problem caused internet to fail to open page. Then when I hit "close" it seems to work till I go to the next site. But If I go to homepage then to the next site it seems to work till I try to open something on that site. Like a new article from a TV or news paper. Also I checked pr
    ograms in control panel and there is nothing on any Internet Explorer. Put If I hit the tool icon and go to About internet explorer it says "Internet Explorer 11, Version 11.0.9600.17498, UpDate version 11.0.15 (KB3008923) the numbers KB3008923 are blue color. then there is a box to check which is Check to install new version Automatically, but I did not check it.
    Thanks Again DonnaB and Arbfarkle I also downloaded AvastFree antivirus update which is different from old version I had, which was when this started also
    Last edited by Machine; 01-26-2015 at 09:59 PM.