Default Can't post a picture

First of all, I'm sorry to waste the time of the very knowledgeable members on this site, but I've tried over and over again to solve this, looked up on numerous sites how to do it, and just can't figure it out.

Second of all, I know it doesn't help that I'm green as grass when it comes to computers but I'm trying to copy a picture I have in a folder to a forum. I've never done this before. I looked for some place where it says I could add an attachment. It doesn't have that. All it has is [img]http: [img] I can't find the address of that particular picture. All I know is it's in MyPictures/ car. When I enter that, nothing happens. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by rjay81; 02-04-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Hello rjay81

What you need is free image hosting. It's a website you upload the photo to, photobucket is one site I would suggest, you can find it Here.

Here's one of my photos from Photobucket,

Tell me when you have up loaded your first photo to Photobucket, and we can get you squared away on exactly how to post them to the forum once there in place at Photobucket.

In short, Photobucket creates the image link for you, and all you will need to do is copy the image link from Photobucket and paste the link into a forum post as I have done above with "Lucy the Kitten"

Thanks
    Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 02-04-2015 at 04:27 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zep516 View Post
    Tell me when you have up loaded your first photo to Photobucket, and we can get you squared away on exactly how to post them to the forum once there in place at Photobucket.

Done( with a lot of fumbling and bumbling).

(Off topic, but OMG, I literally jumped when I saw the picture of your kitten. She looks EXACTLY like my cat that I rescued as a 2-week old kitten many years ago. He was with me for 20 years. Sure made a lot of memories come flooding back).

Done( with a lot of fumbling and bumbling).
    That's the best way to do it, forces you to learn other things you normally would not have run into

Everyone should rescue a cat a least once...

Joe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Everyone should rescue a cat at least once...Joe
    So true, although in my case it has proven to be a lot more than once (and worth every minute spent doing it).

OK. I'm officially stumped. I've got the picture in Photobucket(library) and been copying the image, copying any addresses linked to the image, copying the location address of the picture, using [img] before and after any address, using [/url] before and after any address, etc., and I've run out of things to try. All that shows up on the forum is just that.... addresses. No picture. Would appreciate some further direction.

Here's how I do it....

Once in Photobucket, place your mouse over the photo, now notice the gear type icon in the upper right corner of the photo, put your mouse over it and click on share links, a new window will open. In that window on the right side see Photo links. The last one down under IMG is the one you want for forum posting, place mouse in the box below IMG and left click. The photo link will now have been copied and you will be able to paste it into a forum.

Testing my instructions

Here's another photo hosting site if you would like to try it,

http://www.imageshack.us/
    Last edited by zep516; 02-04-2015 at 10:19 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Here's how I do it....
    Once in Photobucket, place your mouse over the photo, now notice the gear type icon in the upper right corner of the photo, put your mouse over it and click on share links, a new window will open. In that window on the right side see Photo links. The last one down under IMG is the one you want for forum posting, place mouse in the box below IMG and left click. The photo link will now have been copied and you will be able to paste it into a forum.
    Wow. Thank you so much. I wouldn't have figured that out. It worked like a charm and I was able to post the picture. Only thing is, the picture turned out huge (about 5 inches by 6 inches), but I think that has something to do with the setting on my camera when I took the picture. Thanks again.

Hello

You can re-size photos if necessary :

Resize Images online

or

http://www.picresize.com/

and

http://www.webresizer.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

You're welcome.

It will take some practice to get the results you want....

J