Thread: Howie4444

Default Howie4444

I have a dell dimension E520 running win xp I have lost sound and the speaker logo from bottom of screen, when I try to run music programs such as I-tunes I get the message " I-Tunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration.Audio/video playback may not operate properly". The other message i receive is " Cannot find the MMDRIVER.INF file needed to install drivers. The file may be damaged or may not be in your windows system directory"
    Please can anyone help
    Many thanks
    I

Hi Howie4444,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Do you have any disks that came with your Dell computer? I have a feeling that you will need it.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Hi DonnaB,

Thanks for your reply, to be honest I can't remember what came with the computer, it's been so long since I bought it.

kind regards

Howie

Also.

If the problem has just occurred recently you may try a system restore and see if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Hi zep516,

I've just tried that and I get the message " Restoration Incomplete
    Your computer cannot be restored to 06 Feb 2915, no changes have been made to your computer"
    I'm using windows XP perhaps I should bite the bullet and invest in a new computer!!!
    Thanks for your suggestion.

Investing in a new computer is a grand idea! Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and unfortunately many software developers have chosen to no longer support XP either.

Sigh.... Gone are the good 'ole days.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"