Default Can't install Win 7?

Hi, please can you get me out of a situation? I'm trying to install Windows 7 64bit OS onto my Samsung 53511 laptop. The laptop is a 64bit laptop so it shouldn't be a problem. However, when I put the disc in the drive I get the following error message: 'Windows boot manager': windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. Status; 0xc000000f. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Please can you advise me? Thanks

Hello Iamattam,

To me it sounds like the laptop may not be booting from the disk (cdrom drive) and is booting from the "C" drive. Is there an operating system currently on the "C" drive. You may need to enter the BIOS and change the boot order so the Laptop boots from the cdrom drive.....

That's all I can think of for now.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Are you booting from this installation disk? And did this installation come with the notebook or is it an authorized OEM Microsoft Windows disk purchased for that Samsung notebook? Or a full retail Windows disk?
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Digerati For This Useful Post:

Hi, thank you for replying, I appreciate it. The laptop was given to me, it originally had Win 7 on it, this was wiped, and the hard drive formatted. I'm now trying to reinstall windows 7. I managed to enter the bios & reset the laptop to boot from the CD-ROM, but the error message is all I get. I'm using an original Windows 7 installation disk, although I think 'activation' has outrun its course? The product key for the disk is long lost/gone, I've had the disk for absolutely ages. Hope this helps?

although I think 'activation' has outrun its course?
    Not possible if it is legitimate and being used legitimately. If it is a full "retail" license installation disk you purchased separately through a legitimate retail outlet, the license is transferable and you can use it to install on as many different computers as you want as many times as you want AS LONG AS any previous installation is uninstalled or destroyed before installing it on a new machine. That is, it can only legally be installed on one computer at time.

If the disk is an OEM/System Builder license (as the vast majority are), then it can only legally be installed on the computer it originally came with or was originally installed on - that is, the "O"riginal "E"quipment. And if the disk is "branded" that is, it is labeled with a computer maker's brand name and/or came with a Dell, HP, Acer, etc., the disk has likely been coded to look for a Dell, HP, or Acer, etc. "branded" chipset on the motherboard to ensure the disk can only be used with those motherboards. And that may be what's causing your error.

You might check out UltimateBootCD where you can then make sure the hard drive is good.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Digerati For This Useful Post: