Default Windows 7 Drivers

Don't know how many people here still use Windows 7. It is kind of "new" for me.
    Recently. I have started getting "pop ups" offering Windows 7 drivers. They appear when I'm on different sites. Wouldn't MS still be supplying drivers for W7? Wouldn't they come with the regular updates?

Somehow I don't believe the people who call me from MS? and state that I have a computer problem. Then when I ask which computer, they say "your computer, you HAVE computer? Those guys I feel like leading on someday to see what the grabber is.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Arbfarkle,

Windows 7 is still supported by Microsoft and should be updated only with Microsoft Updates. Drivers for other programs/hardware should be updated by either the manufacturer of your computer (Dell, HP, etc) or the manufacturer of your hardware/programs ( graphics /audio cards etc and non MS programs)

The calls you are getting are scam artists, do not fall for their lines, just hang up. Unless you have contacted MS and are having problems with their product and are expecting help from them, they do not call you. Hope this helps.

But they sound so insistent. I think some of them use cell phones. I wonder if some of them ever have actually been on U.S. soil. They remind me of the people who call and offer to reduce the rate of my credit card. Except that the cc people sound like they don't need an interpreter. I finally got to talk to one of them one day and asked him if anyone ever fell for that, and he said "you'd be surprised". Guess people need to earn a living, but at some point it seems like theft. Thanks for your suggestions.