Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It would be helpful if the monitor manufacturers didn't refer to them as such though
    I agree - but I think it bothers more people when they don't understand why in their Device Manager it says "Generic PnP Monitor". A "hardware driver" is a bit of software that allows the OS to communicate with hardware or devices, but again, the OS does not communicate directly with the monitor. So calling these programs "drivers" is not technically correct, but it probably causes less confusion. And I am not sure what you would call it otherwise.

I had no idea what the ratios meant
    I just remember that 4:3 is not wide screen. I still get confused when comparing 16:9 and 16:10 monitors to TVs.

That said, can't wait for the prices of 21:9 Ultrawide Monitors to come down (watch when you have a spare 11 minutes).
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Wow, that was a full-on presentation! That guy could win a speed talk competition!

Looks impressive though, especially for gamers. I just checked and Amazon are selling an LG 21:9 for about 240 (about $265) at the moment, don't know about the rest of the spec. I thought it was going to be much more expensive but maybe the prices are already starting to come down?
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Linus is actually known for his "as Fast as Possible" tech tips - not just for his speed in talking, but because his explanations are really good.

And yes, prices are starting to come down now as more companies are coming out with their own offerings.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Yes, his explanations are very good - thanks for the link, I've kept it for future reference
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12