Thumbs up If PC shut down during System Restore - Can it ruin computer?

I have a Dell Inspiron 531s desktop PC, with Windows 7 32-bit OS. Question: "If computer was 'shut down' accidentally during a windows 'system restore' (in safe mode); what would happen?". Would it ruin the computer? (If it turned-out the only thing wrong with the PC, and reason for doing the system restore; ended-up being, that I needed a new "NIC" (network interface card)- otherwise functioning fine).
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 bit, cable modem, running fine past 3 years. I can give all the specs (if needed), but don't want to "cloud" the issue/question.

Basically: "If you turn off your PC during a system restore, what will happen, and can you repair the PC?"

Thanks,
    Rollo

Basically: "If you turn off your PC during a system restore, what will happen, and can you repair the PC?"
    There are too many variables to answer this. It all depends on what is being restored and why it is being restored in the first place. It is possible nothing will happen, but it is also possible Windows will become corrupt (or more corrupt) and fail to boot at all after that.

Since this would only affect the operating system installed on the computer, the computer itself (the hardware) would not be damaged - except perhaps some hardware drivers. So the worst case scenario (assuming the hardware was good before the System Restore was started) is you would have to re-install Windows and your hardware drivers and all your installed programs again from scratch.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────