Thread: WyFy Router

Default WyFy Router

My laptop shows that I'm connected to the wireless network going through my WiFi router but when I go to explore it won't open a page. I trying to get into.
    I type the http:// address in but nothing. Maybe it's not installed. but when I try at a different house their system works. It tells my I'm not connected. So I run a test it says everthing good. When I look at the bottom of the screen at the bars the put the mouse it says you are connected . When I go to the network sharing page it shows
    the laptop, green ling going to router the then the line goes to like a earth globe but on the line shows a red X. The router works on my on the laptop that I have windows 8 but the one it don't work on is Vista. I did a complete recovery on it today same thing any ideas.
    They , the routers are netgear wifi N300 WNR2000 and the one it works on Is Netgear wireless Router N300 WNR2000
    Thanks

Hello,

If your computer connects at another house and not at yours then there is nothing wrong with the computer. First I would turn off the router, then back on and try the connection, if that does not work you may need to reset the router and redo the settings. Most routers have a small reset button that you need to poke a pen at it and hold it in for 10 seconds or so. Do that and try to connect briefly as the router will now be unsecured as I indicated you will then need to redo the security settings, after that try reconnecting once again.

Thanks
    Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

It did say something about checking the firewall and then the next day it had a popup come on and said netgear wanted to up date. also windows update pop up (from windows up date when I tried to connect to update the driver. that ,the one from windows I did on the router that worked. but then the next day we did the full restore.

I never went into the new router. I just seen where it was there so I sign in with the pass word that came with the router. Cable company send a guy over he check and said everything setup right. and he tried to get on with his phone or maybe it was a I pod and it worked.

I thinking it's the wrong router for the computer it says WIFi and the one that it works on says Wireless But the numbers on the box are the same N300 and WNR2000
    Monday the computer shop opens so Maybe I will take the computer to have him check it out. He's on vacation now.
    Once again Zep
    Thanks