Default Windows 8 reinstall?

Please, please can you advise? I've recently purchased Windows 8.1 & installed it on my system...no problem, functions perfectly. However, I was then presented with the option of a free upgrade to Windows 10. I'd heard many 'wow' stories about Win 10 & so I thought, "yeah...why not"!! Since I upgraded to it I'm now wishing I hadn't. Firstly, the upgrade caused a few issues with my system, I've since rectified this. But secondly, having used Win 10 now for a while, I've concluded that actually it sucks!!! All the hype about the 'greatness' of windows 10....yeah right!!!!! Its just money in B.G's pocket. I've attempted to revert back to windows 8.1 but I was met with the message, 'there are some files missing & unfortunately you can't revert back'....great?!?!? Is it possible/workable for me to format the hard drive, thus (hopefully) disposing of windows 10, and then reinstall the windows 8.1 operating system? I had no problems with windows 8.1, Windows 10 has totally unimpressed me, but the system won't allow me to revert back? Please can you advise me on this? Thanks for your time.

I'll need to look into that for you. Presently not sure how to advise.... and I need to run out for a bit........

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi zep516, please be advised I've now rectified the problem with new drivers. Thanks for the initial support. Sincere regards