Default IP Address changes depending on location

This IP address thing has baffled me since the beginning of time. I have started gambling with online bookmakers and they like to see the same IP address every time i use my account. I know (i think) that if i use my laptop to log on from home i will be using the same IP address every time, so no problem. But i take the laptop out with me as i travel around England a lot and i use a mobile broadband 4G Dongle so i have a connection wherever i am. My question is Does my IP change depending on where i log on from and is there anything i can do about it? For example if i log on to the site from the same coffee shop every day using my mobile broadband dongle will i have the same IP address every time? and if i go somewhere different will the IP address change. I don't think i am explaining this very well. I am trying to ask if an IP address is allocated to my dongle (so that it will be the same wherever i go) or does it change depending on where i am and if so is there any way i can keep a fixed IP address?
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Read a bit here and see if it sheds light or you gain a better understanding of IP Address

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

Read it several times.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Wow that has to be the most complicated thing i have ever read. I have been told that an IP address is assigned by the service provider. So my dongle will have the same IP regardless of where i am. And if i have to use wifi the IP address will be different but will remain the same each time i visit the same pub/shop that provides it.

For example
    IP address is - 111111111111 Supermarket in London
    IP address is - 222222222222 Coffee shop in Manchester
    IP address is - 333333333333 Pub in Liverpool

These never change, so each time i visit them i will get the IP address allocated to them. Have i got this right?
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Yes. If you Just go to any coffee shop, bookstore or other place that offers free wireless Internet, Your IP address will automatically change because you'll be using a different Internet connection to send email or join chat rooms.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Default Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by zep516 View Post
    Yes. If you Just go to any coffee shop, bookstore or other place that offers free wireless Internet, Your IP address will automatically change because you'll be using a different Internet connection to send email or join chat rooms.
    You've been completely mis-advised here.

When you connect to the internet, the HTTP/TCP requests that are being sent go from IP1 to IP2.
    IP1 is the IP address of your IT service provider. IP address 2 is the IP address of the site your are visiting (every site, for example c.uk resolves back to an IP address)
    The destination IP address, eg the gambling site, cannot see the IP address of your DEVICE - eg your laptop or desktop. It only sees the IP address of your IT service provider (eg. BT, O2, Sky etc)

If you use a coffee shop or any other open Wi-Fi connection, the IP address that is being "broadcast" to the destination IP address is that of the internet service provider.

If you are using a 4G dongle, then you are not using the free wi-fi and therefore the previous comment does not apply to you.

In using a 4G dongle, your IT Service provider is always the same, but the IP address being "broadcast" when making the web request may vary according to which mast you are using if you are moving around, and may vary each time you connect anyway due to signal strength.
    This would explain your variances.

Note: with regards to the websites not knowing your IP. Your service provider acts as a proxy and they see your IP address, they "pass" the requests on and your IP hides behind the IP address that their proxy is broadcasting.

Thanks for the clarification,

zep