Default Need help downloading photos on desktop to USB drive

Hi, I accidentally deleted the photos from my digital camera but managed to be able to save them to desktop. Now, I don't know how to get them onto my USB drive. I plugged the USB drive in to the hard drive and there's a musical sound of a few notes likes it's registered somewhere, but I can't find any box popping up to show what to do next. Help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

Open Mycomputer in the start menu, look for "removable storage device" labeled drive d, e or f usually, that's your USB drive. You can drag the photos from the desktop to the USB drive, or you can right click on the photo, choose copy, now right click on the USB drive in Mycomputer and choose paste. The photo will copy to the USB drive. Once completed double click the USB drive to open it and see that the files (Photos) are there.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zep516 View Post
    Hello, Open Mycomputer in the start menu, look for "removable storage device" labeled drive d, e or f usually, that's your USB drive. You can drag the photos from the desktop to the USB drive, or you can right click on the photo, choose copy, now right click on the USB drive in Mycomputer and choose paste. The photo will copy to the USB drive. Once completed double click the USB drive to open it and see that the files (Photos) are there.Joe
    Thank you. It worked great. The thing is, I copied to the USB drive what I could see on desktop(90-some photos) but don't know if there are more that are unseen, that is, are to the far right of the screen out of view. Is there any way to see all that is on desktop? Thanks again, for your help.

What operating system is it ?

Remember the desktop is just a folder so lets open it and look in it.
    Right click on the start button, choose "Open windows explorer" in that window look for desktop and double click it. You should see all the desktop files there.

Also

You might want to delete the other photos you copied right click and choose delete then empty recycle bin, or if you want to keep them all, right click on an empty space on the desktop choose "New" then choose Folder, name the folder anything "photos" would be good. Then drag all the photos to the folder you just made, left click on any photo and drag the photo over top of the "New folder" This puts all the photos in a folder and cleans up the desktop too.
    Last edited by zep516; 01-31-2016 at 07:17 PM.

What operating system is it ?

Remember the desktop is just a folder so lets open it and look in it.
    Right click on the start button, choose "Open windows explorer" in that window look for desktop and double click it. You should see all the desktop files there.

Also

You might want to delete the other photos you copied right click and choose delete then empty recycle bin, or if you want to keep them all, right click on an empty space on the desktop choose "New" then choose Folder, name the folder anything "photos" would be good. Then drag all the photos to the folder you just made, left click on any photo and drag the photo over top of the "New folder" This puts all the photos in a folder and cleans up the desktop too.
    Thank you. A lot more photos showed up and I had to manually copy and paste each one. I rarely delete a photo I've taken right after I've taken it so don't know why there are big gaps in the numbers sometimes between photos, ie, SC1885 then SC1893 is the next picture. Also, there's about 15 that say no preview is available and when I copy and paste them on the USB drive nothing shows up by way of a photo yet it registers as a number, ie SC1781.

there's about 15 that say no preview is available
    That looks like possible corruption of the particular file, but I'm guessing.
    Not sure about the big gaps in sequence either.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

That looks like possible corruption of the particular file, but I'm guessing.
    Not sure about the big gaps in sequence either.
    Ok. Thanks.