Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No. I downloaded 2012.6.1218.2013. According to HP this was the latest driver based on me entering the laptop model & having HP's software search for the latest driver. Should I try the one in your post? I'm in a mode where EVERY TIME I go to a new tab I have to refersh the network. I can try the IPS which is Cox. Sounds like it would be best to try the driver in your last post. What do you think?

I'd try it, we can always reinstall the driver you're presently using.

I installed the driver you suggested. No change. According to Cox nothing wrong with the router. I'm at the point of considering a new Dell laptop running Win 7 pro. There is one on Ebay: New Dell Inspiron 17 5000 5759 FULLY LOADED 17 3 inch Laptop i5 8Gb 1 | eBay. I can also get the same unit directly from Dell for about the same price: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System, I'm not anxious to spend ~$700 but I'm spending many hours going round & round with this laptop. I would hope that the Dell would cure my problem. It would still leave me with the prob with my desktop but that prob seems somewhat minor. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Hello,

My thought is to get the new dell with windows 7 pro. I'm out of ideas on this network issue.

Is this the same for $600.00 on amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-.../dp/B015JV7LQK

That one on Amazon is Win 10. I was going to try to stick with W 7. And the one being offered is W 7 Pro. I talked with a friend that has an HP laptop with the Realtek adapter but with W 7 Pro. He says he has not had the prob I'm having. I don't know if the Pro version rather than the Home Premium version I have makes any difference. If it did I could go looking for a copy of W 7 Pro for my desktop altho it would scare me half to death to think about installing the Pro Version on top of the Home Premium Version.

Joe:
    Would you tell me how or how hard it would be to install W 7 Pro on my desktop that has W 7 Home Premium?

Hello,

That one on Amazon is Win 10. I was going to try to stick with W 7.
    Sorry about that, I agree i would stick with win 7

I talked with a friend that has an HP laptop with the Realtek adapter but with W 7 Pro
    I'm more inclined to think that you may have an issue with the network card on the laptop as opposed to the operating system. I'm not certain though.

Would you tell me how or how hard it would be to install W 7 Pro on my desktop that has W 7 Home Premium?
    It should really be un- difficult to do that.

My Laptop crashed last month, I bought a new hard drive on Amazon and a copy of Win 7 Home 64Bit for 42.00 on E-Bay, put the hard drive in and reinstalled with out issue.

Are you saying I would need to buy a new hard drive to upgrade my desktop to Win 7 Pro? I could do that but it would mean reloading all the apps & I guess drivers.

No. I needed to get a drive because mine was going bad. You don't have to do that.

I think I'll proceed with buying the Dell laptop & while I'm waiting for it to arrive & for me to set it up I'll try to assess my desktop & see if I want to go to Win 7 Pro on it or if I'll just live with the networking problem on it. If I decide to go ahead with Win 7 Pro I hope I can get some help from you.

In the meantime I wanted to thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it & don't thank you often enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12