Default Can't keep signed into hotmail

Hi, I've had a hotmail account for about 12 years. When they switched it to Outlook, they wiped out everything in my account and said "welcome to your new Outlook account!!" There was nothing in it. They had wiped the whole slate clean. That was a couple of years ago. Today, I go to sign in and it signs me in but when it goes to the Inbox a message pops up that blocks it out. This is what the message says:

"Something went wrong. Access to your account was turned off. It looks lke the terms of use may have been violated. To have our team look into this please click the link below.

_More Information____________

When I click on it it says

How to close your Microsoft account

Closing your account means you won’t be able to use it to sign in to the Microsoft products and services you’ve been using. So before you close your account, take the time to tie up loose ends, cancel subscriptions, and make sure you don’t leave anything important behind—whether files in your OneDrive, stuff on Xbox, emails in Outlook.com, or more.
    Before you close your account

It's important to realize all of the ramifications before you decide to close an account. For example, you should make sure that you’re not leaving behind any money or important stuff associated with that Microsoft account. You might also want to let people know how to contact you after your Microsoft account email address is gone.

Use the money in your account
    Cancel any subscriptions associated with the account
    Let people know how to reach you
    Save your files and data

There's another section that says "more details". When I click on that it says

X-ClientId: 8D0085529D9B4E0FBE146A69B13A4F67
    X-Auth-Error: AccountTerminationException
    X-FEServer: BY2PR07CA068
    X-BEServer: BLUPR13MB0241
    Date: 4/28/2016 7:30:06 AM

There is nothing on the whole page that indicates that the "support team" is looking into it, and I can't imagine what
    terms of use I may have violated. I hardly use the account. Help would be appreciated to figure this out. Thanks.

Problem solved. Please delete this thread(I don't know how). Thank you.

Glad you have it sorted.

Joe

Default I have the exactly same problem. Can you please tell how did you solve it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjay81 View Post
    Problem solved. Please delete this thread(I don't know how). Thank you.

Please I would thank you so so much if you tell me how to solve the problem I am having the same problem and I really need to check my email because it is linked with my job, a lot of people are having the same exactly problem and nobody has an answer for it. please

Quote Originally Posted by rjay81 View Post
    Hi, I've had a hotmail account for about 12 years. When they switched it to Outlook, they wiped out everything in my account and said "welcome to your new Outlook account!!" There was nothing in it. They had wiped the whole slate clean. That was a couple of years ago. Today, I go to sign in and it signs me in but when it goes to the Inbox a message pops up that blocks it out. This is what the message says:

"Something went wrong. Access to your account was turned off. It looks lke the terms of use may have been violated. To have our team look into this please click the link below.

_More Information____________

When I click on it it says

How to close your Microsoft account

Closing your account means you won’t be able to use it to sign in to the Microsoft products and services you’ve been using. So before you close your account, take the time to tie up loose ends, cancel subscriptions, and make sure you don’t leave anything important behind—whether files in your OneDrive, stuff on Xbox, emails in Outlook.com, or more.
    Before you close your account

It's important to realize all of the ramifications before you decide to close an account. For example, you should make sure that you’re not leaving behind any money or important stuff associated with that Microsoft account. You might also want to let people know how to contact you after your Microsoft account email address is gone.

Use the money in your account
    Cancel any subscriptions associated with the account
    Let people know how to reach you
    Save your files and data

There's another section that says "more details". When I click on that it says

X-ClientId: 8D0085529D9B4E0FBE146A69B13A4F67
    X-Auth-Error: AccountTerminationException
    X-FEServer: BY2PR07CA068
    X-BEServer: BLUPR13MB0241
    Date: 4/28/2016 7:30:06 AM

There is nothing on the whole page that indicates that the "support team" is looking into it, and I can't imagine what
    terms of use I may have violated. I hardly use the account. Help would be appreciated to figure this out. Thanks.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Unfortunately osigl, the member who wrote the post did not share with us how the problem was fixed. Hopefully he will come back and see your question.

osigl...... I just was able to find this post now. From what I remember, I tried to email Outlook Support and my email remained locked. Their reason was that it had triggered their spam account radar so they thought it was a spam account and not the account of a real person( and yet I had that account for years). They asked me exactly what was in my Inbox, My Sent box and what the last three emails I sent were. Being locked out of my account made it impossible to recall it exactly so they continued to lock me out for that reason. I finally contacted someone from Outlook . I think this is the number I used:

Hotmail Customer Support & Service Phone Number. Microsoft Hotmail Sales and Support Number: (1-888-361-3731)

I spoke to a person there and he said that Outlook had been having a lot of problems with spam accounts and, for some reason, my account had triggered their spam account radar. He said he would fix it and he did after asking me a couple of questions. Within a few hours, my account was unlocked and no further problem after that.

Hope this helps.

BTW, you say your account was locked, you need it for "business" and that "a lot of people are having the same exactly problem". If you are out of the country(India?) and running an online marketing scam to the US and Canada whereby you and others in the same building are doing the same thing that may be why you all were locked out and in exactly the same way and the same time. It is HIGHLY unusual for you and other people you are aware of to have the same problem at exactly the same time unless you are all doing the same thing - all hitting Outlook's spam radar at the same time because of what you are all doing together at the same time. Even if you contact Outlook, if you continue to do whatever it is that caused it to happen in the first place, you will be locked out again and you may not be able to get back in the second time.
    Last edited by rjay81; 11-24-2016 at 02:17 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjay81 For This Useful Post: