Default laptop freezing in normal mode but works great in safe mode with networking.

I have an HP2000-369WM Notebook PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. For a couple weeks it"s been freezing after a couple minutes online in normal mode and it seems to be getting worse and worse. I also noticed that the Windows Update is now turned off and when I try to turn it on the laptop immediately freezes. I've run numerous virus and malware scans with my Webroot and Iobit Malware Fighter programs. All drivers are up to date also. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help!!

Hello,

It could be something to do with your anti virus program, I say that is because your Anti Virus program does not load / run in safe mode with networking.

Disable the Anti Virus program and see if that makes a difference in normal mode.
    Last edited by zep516; 07-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Webroot, my anti-virus program, does run in both Safe Mode and Safe Mode with networking!! My iObit Malware Fighter, however, does not!!

Hello,

We need to take a closer look at things,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
    • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.