Default Windows appliction error when opening Adobe

using Windows 10. since last update i now have an issue when opening Adobe reader.
    I get a window that says Windows - Application Error
    0xc0000022
    I can hit OK twice and am able to use the open attachment. It is annoying to have to keep closing the window.

Any advice?
    Thanks

Hello ceyermann,

The only thing I'd suggest is reinstalling adobe reader and see if that works.

I ran Malwarebytes again and it found a virus. I think that resolved the issue since it does not occur anymore

Hello ceyermann,

If Malwarebytes is finding virus, we better take a closer look at the computer. When time permits run FRST theirs a 64bit version and a 32Bit version.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
    • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.