Default dual band modem or other way to hook two DSL lines together for increased speed

I am on the only provider (Verizon) that can provide a wired Internet connection to me. I pay for 3 down, but they only guarantee 1.5 and sometimes it is about that speed. I heard you can get a second DSL line put in and connect them together for speeds around 6. I need advice and help on what to buy and how to hook it up. I am somewhat of a techie, but just not familiar with this kind of issue. ANY help would be appreciated. The connections provided to me by Verizon will be phone jacks.

Hello,

I don't know a way to do this without complicated set ups and varied results. I'd call Verizon and see if they offer bonded ADSL. If they do they can bond the 2 DSL lines on their end. Another term called (load balancing router) but i don't thing that would actually double the connection speed.

Is there no FIOS or Comcast available in Butler ?
    Last edited by zep516; 07-09-2017 at 11:51 AM.

For this help I am in Indiana, PA instead of Butler helping my daughter at a campground. It is old Verizon equipment and they are in no hurry to upgrade because there are too few customers per mile. We still have to dial "1" to make a long distance call. The road we are situated on used to be a thru road, but now deadends into Yellow Creek Lake. We are the last customer on the telephone line.

Verizon is not very helpful with the speed issue. One of their on site techs told me about the dual DSL connection. When I talked with the sales people they did not know anything about it. The tech told me I would have to buy my own modem and set it up. The sales people told me I had 30 days free service to try and make it work. There are no wired Internet connections available. Any more suggestions?

Does the the camp ground offer wifi ? If they do would that work for you ?

In the mean time I'll investigate this a bit more for you before you spend money on routers only to find it does not work for the intended purpose of increasing speed. I'm getting mixed results about speed increase as I do some research on this.

What kind cell phone service is available out of curiosity ?
    Last edited by zep516; 07-09-2017 at 07:48 PM.

My daughter just bought the campground and my wife and I are helping her run it for two years. It took Verizon four working days to come repair the phone service we were paying for and it did not work when we took over. Our DSL drops out at least once per day and sometimes more. I gave them almost two months to fix it and then I called the PUC, the FTC and the FCC to get it working. It now doesn't drop out, but it is slow. We have a new modem router from Verizon, a new credit card machine, a new desktop PC, and one two year old wireless laptop connected to the DSL. The PC's are both running Windows 10.

I have reached out to a company to see if they can provide wifi for the entire campground, but am awaiting the results.

Cell phone service I have is Consumer Cellular (AT&T) and it is only one bar signal strength.

Tomorrow I will call Verizon to see about the bonded DSL.

Post your question here too

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/

on the Network forum, we might catch a good network person with direct answers.

Done! Thanks for the suggestion.

Not getting too far with bleeping computer. Do you have any more ideas?

What about Satellite Internet

HughesNet® Internet |1-800-794-1830 | Satellite Internet

Would it be something to consider ?