Default system powering on automatically

My HP compaq nc 6220 automatically powers on as soon as I plug in the charger.. and when I shut it down when the charger is plugged in.. it turns on automatically unless I unplug the charger before shutting it down .. HELP

Hello horrocorian,

Lets try a few things

pull out the laptop battery let the laptop sit for a bit then plug in, do you get the same behavior? also, unplug the battery, unplug ac, hold the power on button for 10 seconds, then plug in DC and check what happens.

Thanks
    Joe

I tried it but still getting same issue

Hello horrocorian,

Some claim that it may be a faulty motherboard. Some users have fixed this issue by going into the BIOS and changing---> (some "Power On AC" setting.) See if you can find an option like that in your BIOS. You would want to disable that option. It may take some time finding exactly where it is in BIOS.

I was wondering does the Laptop power on an off successfully / correctly with only the battery connected ?

Also is the date an time functioning correctly in other words is the date / time staying set correctly ?

To get into the BIOS on the machine, I'm pretty sure you restart the Laptop and press F10 to enter setup.

Thanks
    Joe "
    Last edited by zep516; 08-10-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Hi horrocorian,

Were you able to resolve this problem? If not, please follow zep516's instructions on how to get into the BIOS. If you can't find which page the "Power On AC" setting is on in the BIOS, we will need the name of the BIOS in order to research further.

If you have resolved the problem, please share.

Thank you,
    Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Problem Not Solved And i Cant find The Ac/Power option when i boot to the f10 bios option
    How can i check my bios version

Can you do this,

Download then run Speccy (free) https://www.piriform.com/speccy and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.