Default My wireless adapter is playing up again....I think

My Laptop is really slow but it seems to keep droppoing the internet connection. Cn somebody help? I am running windows 10.

Thanks

Hello,

Try reinstalling the adapter from device manager. Also restart the modem / router by turning it off for 5 mins then back on

It re-installed the driver but is still the same. Oddly though, the WIFi icon at the bottom of the screen now has a red x on it but it is still connected some of the time

Hi MickKnipfler,

Try the options in the following link and let us know if that helps in any way:

WiFi Keeps Disconnecting or Dropping on Windows 10
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks Donna. I've changed the power management optoion but not sure if that's the issue as I am plugged into the mains. Shall I do one thing at a time?

Try one thing at a time. When you change Power Management setting try going wireless to see if the connection disables, drops, etc.

While we're on that subject. When the connection drops does it reconnect on it's own or do you have to restart the laptop?

Back soon. Errand to run.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Sometimes it comes back, other times I right click on te icon and 'troubleshoot' sometimes that doesn't work and I have to disable the wireless adapter and then troubleshoot.

Hm? Ok. Keep an eye on the time of day when it occurs the most. I have issues during peak hours, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and when kids are not in school. That way we can eliminate the possibility it is an ISP issue.

What type of connection do you have? My provider is a satellite company.

I am thinking the ed X on the bar icon might be due to outdated driver. Not sure..