Default Antivirus question

I am using free Avast. No complaints except it is 1.29 G in size. Too much for my little laptop. Any recommendations for an antivirus that is smaller but still a good one?

Hi Nikos,

My apologies for the delay in replying....

What size is your HDD? What Operating System is installed?

If I am not mistaken, Avast free sizes out to be around 918mb after installation, which I agree is pretty darned big. Windows 8 & 10 have Windows Defender built right in and is pretty good for protecting you from any type of malware if you practice safe computing skills. No one is ever safe if they have a tendency to be reckless, click happy and download shared files/torrents from shady sites.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks. I did not know how well Defender is. I will just use that. Thanks.

Which OS is installed?

Do remember that on XP, Vista and W7 is an anti-spyware program not an antivirus, though on W8 and above it was redesigned to be the built in AV.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"