When I am working in either Internet Explorer, M/S Outlook, Word my computer will freeze up and I have to reboot to get out of it. What could it be?

It's possible that when you installed these progs that you did not close down all your others. To correct this,first save important data and remove progs. Reinstall progs making sure that you have checked prog manager to ensure no other progs are running and can cross with your downloads.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Do they freeze when opened individually or only when opened together.
    The freezing may be caused by outlook checking mail in the background.
    I belong to the "Get rid of Outlook and help save the world from spreading viruses" fraternity. (Outlook is responsible for most viruses being sread)
    There are better email programs

It happens in the individual programs. I can turn my computer on go into Word, work in it for a few minutes and then it will freeze on me. The same goes for working in Internet explorer and other applications. I do not have them all opened at the same time, I only work in one prgram at a time.
    Any other suggestions, it gets really frustrating when it constantly freezes.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This could be caused by the CPU overheating.
    Try removing the case allowing more airflow.
    Check the system and CPU fan and make sure they are both clean and running.
    Another cause is having too many programs running in the background. (The more icons on the Systems tray next to the clock the more are running)
    Other causes can be low or damaged memory, no swap file.
    Try stopping at http://www.pcpitstop.com and have them do a free online systems check.