Please can anyone help me?
    I have downloaded a number of MP3's using Kazaalite. These I play using windows Media player, but periodically whilst playing, the request internet access box pops up. Under the file menu I make sure that the 'work offline' is ticked but it still occurs when I change to another track listed in 'my music' folder.

Any ideas???? Ta in advance

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Try downloading winamp and make it the default player for mp3's It is the best mp3 player around, is free and far less annoying. It can also be set to play other media and Audio CD's

Firstly, thanks whoozhe for the info.
    Windows Media player is turning out to be a pain in the rear(so to speak)now it now won't let me make my own playlist - error message #80004005 pops up - MS site no help either in deciphering what the error message means - damn bill gates!!! I can't even find it on the Windows XP disk to try and reinstall it, just incase any files have got corrupted or deleted! if you have any ideas regarding windows media player, it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll take you advice and download WinAmp. Ta in advance :smile:

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The rest of that message gives you a hint of the problem.
    As XP does not have any easy way of removing Media Player my suggest is do not use it for anything except playing online streams.
    Have a look at http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/
    and choose a better all round media player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Bubble
    Please can anyone help me?
    I have downloaded a number of MP3's using Kazaalite. These I play using windows Media player, but periodically whilst playing, the request internet access box pops up. Under the file menu I make sure that the 'work offline' is ticked but it still occurs when I change to another track listed in 'my music' folder.

Any ideas???? Ta in advance

Windows Media player is turning out to be a pain in the rear(so to speak)now it now won't let me make my own playlist - error message #80004005 pops up - MS site no help either in deciphering what the error message means - damn bill gates!!! I can't even find it on the Windows XP disk to try and reinstall it, just incase any files have got corrupted or deleted! if you have any ideas regarding windows media player, it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll take you advice and download WinAmp. Ta in advance :smile:

:)

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Under Tools>Options>Privacy make sure nothing is checked. That's basically what I have done and have no problems. The only negative I have on WMP 9 (I am supposing you have XP and using WMP 9) is that it's not very good at writing cd's, but I use Nero for that. Hope this helps