I have two P2P programs. I was uninstalling one of them and moved the files to the other shared file folder thinking they would be lost when I did the uninstall. Now they will not play. they come up on the player but it is as if the file is empty. I tried to move them, copy them, delete them, drag&drop them but keep getting an access denied message. Whats going on? I'm running XP.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The files may be set to read only . Right click on them, choose properties and uncheck Read Only.
    Also it may depend on download.

Went into properties, "read only files" was not checked.
    When I checked it ( did this to see what would happen ) and went to apply it--access was denied.??????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: puppy on 2002-08-25 21:20 ]</font>

I have now tried to delete the folder containing the shared files "Access Denied".
    I deleted the P2P program containing the files and it left them behind "Access Denied"
    I used system restore and the files were still there "Access Denied"

did you right click and go to delete? thats not the only way! hehe, drag the file right into the trash can, it wont say anything

Hey Denny, I tried to right click delete "access denied. I tried to drag and drop to recycle bin "access denied" Thanks for your input.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: puppy on 2002-08-29 21:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: puppy on 2002-08-29 21:19 ]</font>

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

try opening a command line. Start>Programs>accessories.
    At the prompt type cd c:folder name
    (where the mp3 is)
    once there type: attrib filename -r-a-s-h
    (Where filename is the full mp3 name.)
    Then type: del filname

Hello, I managed to find the answer to my problem accidently. I created a folder in (My Music-(Win XP Home)I then moved the entire folder containing the MP3 program into the newly created folder. I was able to delete the frozen files from within the new folder. "Go Figure". Thanks for everyones input.