Thread: Network PC Card

Alrighty, I've just about had it with this thing. I've got a Compaq Presario 1220 with the B version of 95. I'm trying to install a 3Com 10/100 Lan PC Card into my PCMCIA slot (model 3CCFE574BT). It identifies it, then asks for the drivers, which I have on a disk. But then, it asks for sys files and dlls that I don't have. After I tell it to skip the 5 or so files like that, it restarts, and when I go into the Device Manager, the card's disabled. When I reenable it, it has a yellow exclamation along with the statement that the drivers aren't installed. When I look at the resources it's using, it conflicts with my direct memory access controller (IO) and with my system timer (IR). Does anyone have the slightest clue what's wrong?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The problem with you computer is that it is a compaq and as such is not 100% IBM compatible. Check with Compaq re the card.
    Also the software you are installing for the card may not be right for Win95. Many dll and sys files for these cards were included in later versions of windows but not win95 CD
    You may need to locate and download them seperately.

Alrighty, thanks. I'll give that a try before I send the thing out the window. :grin: