Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1
    Points
    0

    Default

    sup my prob is that my CPU is like not working right on stuff it gets hot for some reason when i have a fan on it and everything but it still gets hot when it gets hot it makes my games and stuff run skippy and everything also ive tried everything including switching CPU switching FANS do u think it might be the motherboard please help r could it be my hard drive?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3
    Points
    0

    Default

    Whatever part that is hot to the touch is the source of heat.

  3. #3
    Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Wallaroo South Australia
    Posts
    8,567
    Points
    801

    Default

    Heat is generated by a CPU overworking or being overclocked.
    Maybe you are hitting it with more than it can take.
    If the CPU is an AMD one then they always have overheating problems
    Remove the cover and run it for a while allowing plenty of ventilation. If the overheating continues consider bying a new baird and CPU.
    If not add an extra fan or better heatsink.

  4. #4
    Guest

    Default

    What is hot? Is it over140? 150? I assume your reading this off the bios or some windows program. It could be the video card malfunctioning. Why do computers overheat? The cpu can overheat for a varity of reasons.
    1. cpu fan is inadequate.
    2. improper ventilation
    3. Resistance in the mother boad
    4. Resistance in add ons(modem etc)
    5. The temperatue being reported is not correct.
    I currently have on the bench an amd 1200 on an abit board and runs 108...well within the normal range. It has a standard amd cpu cooler and nothing more.
    I also have an intel celeron 466 on a sayo board. I have on it a super ice cooler fan,a fast case fan and I can't get the tmperatue blow 145. I suspec there is resistance in the board somewhere and doubt it is the cpu...least that has been my experience.
    But anything is possible.
    When building a computer always put in just enough to boot (vidio,memory,floppy drive,keyboard and mouse). Check the temperature right off the bat.....you now have a bence mark.
    I doubt I have helped but least you some information. In your case I strongly suspect the mother board.