Sir,
    I am trying to install and run old bike racing game “Road Rash Windows 95 Big Box Classic” on my computer.
    But after installation when I ever try to run the game I am getting the following error message:
    “Fatal Error: Can not find primary language file”
    Configuration of my computer is as follows:
    Processor: Pentium 4, 1.6 GHz
    Motherboard: Intel 850
    RAM: 128MB RDRAM
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional.
    CD ROM: SAMSUNG 52X.

Although the same game run completely and correctly on another computer which has Pentium Celeron 500 with windows 98, but it fails to run on my computer and gives the error mentioned above.
    Please help me to solve the problem and enjoy the game.
    Waiting for an earliest reply from your side.
    Thanks and regards,
    Ajay Sharma

You are attempting to run a DOS based program. Win XP is generally unable to do this. However, if you right click on the program (game)icon and select properties, you will see a tab labelled Compatibility. Select that tab and check the top box and select Win98. There is about a 75% probablility that you can now run the program. Good Luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qualserve on 2002-08-31 09:05 ]</font>

Hi ,

I am also facing this issue , please let me know if anyone has found fix for this as i have tried changing compatiblity without any luck

Many Thanks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you notice that this thread is 7 years old?

If compatibility mode doesn't work, you need to find a DOS emulator that'll run in Windows. DosBox is an open source emulator that should work OK.

the error "Cannot find primary language file" is because the registry entries have not been set correctly.
    Make sure you have run the 'regedit.reg' file.

If that doesn't work, open up this file "regedit.reg" in a text editor.
    Check the path that it points to ... it should point to the folder where you have installed Roadrash...(where the file RoadRash.exe is placed)
    In the path, make sure you have '\\' instead of '\'

eg: C:\\Windows\\Roadrash instead of
    C:\Windows\Roadrash

It should work now.

-Niliss15

niliss15,

Did you notice that this thread is 10 years old?

Unhappy i don't get it..

Please tell me where this regedit.reg file is?? Where am i supposed to search for it??

Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    Please tell me where this regedit.reg file is?? Where am i supposed to search for it??

Hi deeps,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Please click here then click on the button in the upper left to start a new topic and explain your problem and include as much detail as you can.

You do not want the regedit.reg file mentioned above. This members issues may not be the same as yours and modifying the registry with a fix "tailored" for someone else's computer could be devastating to the functionality of your computer.

Thank you,

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 04-18-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: OOOPS!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Due to the age of this thread it's being closed. Please create a new thread instead of posting on old topics. Thanks
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone