Thread: Sound.

jmc

I have recently had problems with my computer which have been repaired, however I cannot get any sound from programs run from my PC (especially games for my children). Nor can I use any of the jingles in the windows music files.
    I cannot play MP3s either. It will play regular CDs only
    Please someone help!!!!!
    jmc

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If this has happened since the repair I would contact the repairer.
    Chances are a lead has not been reconnected properly, the sound card is not in it's slot correctly or the drivers have not been installed.
    Also check the volume controls. Click on the small speaker in the system tray (Next to the clock)
    The last and believe me 70% of sound problems are that the speaker leads are not connected or the speakers, if amplified, not switched on. (Speakers with a on/off switch should use the sound cards line out socket. Speakers without an amplifier should use the Spkr Out socket

Try Here http://home.earthlink.net/~doniteli/index45.htm#1
    On 2002-09-02 09:37, whoozhe wrote:
    If this has happened since the repair I would contact the repairer.
    Chances are a lead has not been reconnected properly, the sound card is not in it's slot correctly or the drivers have not been installed.
    Also check the volume controls. Click on the small speaker in the system tray (Next to the clock)
    The last and believe me 70% of sound problems are that the speaker leads are not connected or the speakers, if amplified, not switched on. (Speakers with a on/off switch should use the sound cards line out socket. Speakers without an amplifier should use the Spkr Out socket