Hi,

I've been helping my folks with their older computer. Generic. It was full of kinks so I formatted and reinstalled Win98. Got it up and running. Everything on but audio and video. They were given this computer with absolutely no documentation. I've never seen anything like this -- no video or sound cards. Just plugs straight into the motherboard. I'm still learning so I'm sure there's lots I haven't seen before! ) I can't find drivers for these. The monitor works but it's at bare minimum -- 16 colors. By studying the mb I think it might be Oak Technology. But no drivers I download work. I'm stymied. Anyone have any ideas? Sure would appreciate it.

esjay

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I don't believe oak technology makes mother boards. You got to find out what you mother boad is (intel sayo,abit, etc). Look for lettering on the motherboad. Since it has built in video and sound you need to go the
    mfg website and download those drivers for THAT PARTICULAR BOARD. When you computer first boots you some times can tell from the black & white screen info. If the board is real old you may have a big problem i.e. it may no longer be supported or the co is out of business.

geraldsharon@juno.com