all of a sudden my cr rom won't work
    it recieves power and can open and close.
    It is conneted to the cpu because when i click on the icon in "my computer" and click on eject in will eject. So its got power and is classed a "working properly" in system properties and will eject on commamd but it wont read the cd. I would put a cd in and nuthing would happen, the light in the cd-rom would flash buts thats it. It wont even start spinning inside the drive Can N E one help me with this problem? thanx

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pnuthedd on 2002-09-01 07:02 ]</font>

hmmmmmmmmmm... my mate had this problem infact it was exactly the same problem. he said he got it working by putting in a cd (nerverwinter nights game) for 4 mins then it worked and suddenly all the cds load up properly. i don't hrink this is the answer but hey its worth a go.
    also you could try reinstalling the driver for the cdrom if you have it on cd or its already on your pc.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

First clean the drive with a quality CD cleaning disk. If this fails the calibration or lazer alignment may be out.
    This will require a technnican to re align the drive.

don't know how old or how much you use your cd rom but cd roms get out or alignment quite often. When this happens just replace your cd rom with a new one.........it's the cheepest way out. Buy a quality cd rom from creative labs etc. Cheep cd roms don't last

This describes my frustrations exactly.
    2 months ago I had to throw away the cd-rom drive and install a new one.
    Sorry!

Hey two months old means it is under warranty.

i got win xp with 3 accs..
    n im de admin... on my acc th cd rom duznt autorun.
    while on th othr twwo.. it duz...
    ne ideas...

i had win me earlier n on me my autorun had stopped... i found dis reg entry on sum forum .. which enabled autorun..
    so i was hopin dhat some1 could find me that enry ....
    thanks..

What is really the problem here. Does the drive work at all or are you just concerned over autoplay.
    If the CD does not work at take it back to the store.
    If you want autorun to work DON"T fiddle weith the registry. See my answer to annonymous