to be as brief as possible,someone in the house has somehow/someway deleted the password to get internet access & none of us can retrieve it.There's only about 6 weeks left on the account but the thought of telstra(bigpond)getting $ for nothing really grates me.Any thoughtstips would be appreciated.

Go here http://www.bigpond.com/Home/Support/Accounts and when the login page comes up click on "Forgotten your password?". You will need to enter your username. After which you will receive your secret question to which you will have to reply correctly. Then you can CHANGE your password. Then simply change your dial-up properties to match the new password....Hope all this makes sense :smile:

All New NetCulture FORUM! Please help me build my Forum!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonollie on 2002-09-02 06:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonollie on 2002-09-02 06:27 ]</font>

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I am not sure if I have this right. Normally all you need to do is re-enter the password in the pop up box when dialing in.
    So I will assume that you mean the dial up network (the part with the phone number, your user name, password and connect is)has disappeared.
    If this is the case then simply call Telstra and ask them to guide you through the setup or forward you a set up disk.
    You can also ask that the account be suspended until you recieve either.

to jonollie &whoozhe-thanks for your help, much appreciated cheers monkeywash

to jonollie &whoozhe-thanks for your help, much appreciated cheers monkeywash