For the last couple of months my work pc has not been printing bodies of emails or web pages. It can print anything else from other programs, such as text in Word or photos in Photoshop etc but just will not print web pages or bodies of emails in Outlook Express. It actually prints the header of the email but not the body. It will print an unfound image icon (x within a square) instead. If I look at print preview for web pages I get the x in a square also. I have checked the printer settings and internet settings and cannot find anything that looks wrong.

I used to be able to print both and as I said I can print things from other programs so it's not the actual printer, it just seems to be something to do with printing internet related items.

A couple of months ago we installed new antivirus software and a firewall. I wondered if either of these might have caused the problem but again have checked the settings on both and can't see anything that looks like it may have done.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Shari

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

One problem I know of is having different versions of outlook and IE (outlook 4 to IE6)
    If this is the case updgrade the one with the lowest version or preferably both to the latest versions.

Hmm... I'll check that tomorrow (I'm home from work now) - although I don't think we've changed either in a long time - and the problem only began a couple of months ago. Had no problem printing from either before that.

Sounds like you may have a corrupted file.
    try reinstalling outlook express (add remove programs/ windows setup). If you have to remove the program first get a printout of your address book if your using it.