Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Pro

Hi everyone. I've had Xp Pro for a bit now and to tell you the truth its not working out on this system of mine. My machine is just not made to work with it. I decided to switch to win2k but theres a problem. Before I had the money to obtain win2k I've already collected a large number of files which I'd rather not hunt down all over again. My question is, is it possible to downgrade from Winxp to Win2k and keep these files?!? If so please tell me what you know. Or if you know of a site or something that I can read on how to do so please reply. All responces are appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading.

One last thing. the only alternative I could think of is buyign a cdr but that cost money and I don't have enough to stretch it out. So if you can think of something to help me out here thanks a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dnst3qface on 2002-09-02 20:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dnst3qface on 2002-09-02 20:08 ]</font>

I do not think its possible to downgrade like that but one thing you chould try is to install windows 2K on a different partition then you could drag the files you wanted from the XP partition to the 2K one, then delete the XP partition and set 2K partition as active and now your running 2K =) im pretty sure that'll work

Hey! That's just crazy enough to work! :razz:
    Well how do i drag files from partition to another? Would u know where i can get detailed info on doing this?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

What is your system

My system is a Acer S series 488 Mghz Intel celeron. when i installed xp i had win98 se Is that what you wanted to know?

its rather simple actually just boot into windows XP or the 2K partition and go to "my computer" double click the drive that has the files on and cut them all to the partition windows 2K is on sense windows 2K and windows XP use the same file systems ( basically ) it shouldnt be a prob.

Ok that sounds simple enough. Now All I need to do is make a partition. One last thing. once I transfer the files I wanted on to the drive i can uninstall and delete xp? Also delete the partition correct? Also Another guy who replied here said that I could jus make the drive and send the files there, but if i do that and then install 2k on the new drive will the files still be ok?
    Thank you all for replying and trying to help me : D

Hmm im just trying to keep this real easy for ya, but your right after you make the 2K partition and copy/cut the files onto that partition you can totally delete the XP partition

man it seems like i said the word partition way to much but i didnt did i?

Nah. And yeah I get it. Sounds simple enough. All I need to do now is use partition magic. It came with my new HD which is great so I dont have to spend 80 bux on it.

Thanks again dude.
    last question(lol): Does 2k also have the drivers within it like xp? I hope so.

Windows 2K supports alot of hardware but no were near the amount XP does so your prolly gona have to hit up some web sites for the newer drivers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast