When a message is sent to me with an attachment, as I try to download either on my hard drive or disk, it always come back as little boxes and squibbles. It does not download correctly. I have a compaq deskpro business computer. Please help!!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Attachments to emails are actually files that are in a format not readable by email programs. These attachments need a particiular program to open them.
    Normally, if you click on the email attachment or choose open the approriate program will open. Now this will only happen if both the program and a file association to that program exists.
    An example would be if you recieved an attachement called here.doc this would be readable in MS Word.
    To help further I need to know what email program you use and the full name of an attachement you are having problems with

your email is downloading correctly. Most email programs read only text file format(note pad). The most popular word processor programs are microsoft word and word perfect. Microsoft word is an excellant choice.