I just purchased an old classic adventure game that came out in 97 for win 95. (Tex Murphy's Overseer) Currently i am running 2000 proffesional. However when i start to install the game i get a message stating that i am not running 95 or above. Will i have to repartion my harddrive and make a small portion of it Win95 to run the game, or is their a way of tricking the game into thinking i am running 95.

Thanks

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Fisrt download the service pack 3 for Win2000. It includes several compatabilty fixes.
    Basically Win2000 is not designed for games. It is and always was a OS designed for corporate use.
    Win XP includes a compatibilty mode that allows most older programs to run under a pseudo win 95/98/me environment.
    I am not sure is 2000 includes this. However try right clicking on the exe file and choose properties. If there is a compatiblbiy tag there you are in luck.
    Oh Win2000 is near dead. Only service packs are being released. After all XP is an upgrade from 2000

Ever since win 95 downward compatability has been abonded by Microsoft. Even if you can load some of the old programs they probably would not run. The best solution is to by a hard disk tray thats fits in a 5" bay. You format a hard drive and load win 95. This runs 95 programs and most 3.1. When finished you slip in you current disk and your back in business. ONE MAJOR PROBLEM...REMEMBER TO RESET YOU BIOS HARD DRIVE.

GERALDSHARON@JUNO.COM

SoundGuy

Default Same thing

I'm experiencing the same problem of installation.
    did you find any solutiion ?

Oded