Ok, I live on a University Campus... so we use either T1 or T3 networking internet.... my internet was working FINE for 3 days then it just QUIT working.... I can send pings and receive the reply BUT it will not let me access any internet base program! No internet explorer.... no MSN... no Yahoo... No NOTHING.....
    I Have had many a people try to figure out the mystery but NO LUCK! Everything is programed correctly because the L: Drive is working FINE (a drive than can be used on any university computer including personal dorm computers)... so I have access to the network... it is just the actual internet that is fucked! <---- sorry for the language!
    We tried to uninstall and reinstall the ethernet card and all that but NO LUCK!
    If you have any ideas as to what the problem might be.... PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks

I had a similar problem until my isp asked if I had recently uninstalled a firewall.
    Yes, being zonealarm.
    The fix- reinstall & lower all security settings on the zonealarm panel and then uninstall it again.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I would look carefully at the ethernet card. Not all are reliable and are subject to problems.
    First update the drivers for the card or
    try a replacememnt card, even if borrowed temporarily from another computer.
    The cable from the card could also be damaged.
    You could also try another computer from your T1 connections. This step would at least eliminate any possibilty of problems between you and the server.
    Also check the campus webmaster. Who knows, your account may have been hacked and/or suspended.