Thread: win NT 4.0

em

Hello, I wonder if someone could help me with an anoying little problem... I am trying to connect with win NT 4.0 to a main server. As of late, when I try to connect a download screen pops up asking if we would like to save this file to disk or open from current location. If I choose the first option, it downloads this file to somewhere, but won't connect me, however the second option works fine. I used to be able to connect directly without the extra step. Any ideas?
    Thanks em

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The save a file dialog box has two options.
    The Open option allows the file to be downloaded to a temp folder and is executed. Once installation is finished the temp folder is emptied of those files, most of the time.
    The Save option alows you to save the download to any place you choose, usually the hard drive.
    When you click Ok with this option the path where the file will be saved is shown at the top of the dialog box.
    You can change that to any folder you choose.
    If you have problems finding the file and you cannot remember it's name repeat the download process but this time just take note of the file's name and where it is going to be saved, don't click ok.
    you can then either go to the folder or do a search for the file.

em

thanks for your response. I know the filename and I know where it is kept, but what do I do with it? Is this a file that I need to install after it is downloaded and saved to disk? The first time this happened I did choose the option "save to disk". Now it was saved but when I try to connect it promts me again with the same two options.

thanks em