I am using Windows XP, 256mb ram and 80G hardrive and have recently subscribed to cable. When I download files from the net they usually leave 1 item not loaded. Did not have this problem with my old dial up but the cable company has checked my connection and settings and tell me everything is OK???? I have done everything I can except get into the registry...too scary...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

what do you mean by left 1 file unloaded? did you download like a zip file? or what ?

DenniDeyo, Thanks for the reply, I meant that I am left with "1 item remaining". Nothing to do with zip files. I am using IE6.
    Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdover on 2002-09-12 15:06 ]</font>

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Chances are this is a java applet or script you system is not handling. This could be because Java is not switched on in IE.
    In IE click tools.internetoptions>advanced
    Check the Java lines under Microsoft VM.

whoozhe, I have just enabled java console & java logging and rebooted (JIT compiler was already enabled), but still have the same problem, for instance, http://www.aircanada.ca in English leaves 1 item and when I put my cursor near it it reads javascript:reset cookie. When I get back out & back in it works fine. If I delete my cookies the problem reoccurs. Same problem at many sights. Thanks for your help.

I just went to the Air canada site and the english page didn't load at all.
    I noticed in there source code the first thing that suppose to happen is a downloading of a cookie. If you have cookies set off or running anything that may stop cookies the page dies.
    This may be the item that you refer too.

I just went to the site with cookies off and the page loaded complely. Possibly they were having a few glitches.

I think Air Canada was a bad example. Most websites that I visit leave "1 item" including Air Canada. I have allowed all cookies and the problem remains.

download IE6 service pack 1

Whoozhe, thanks for staying on this..already downloaded IE6 SP1..same problem. It's not earth shattering, just aggravating. Everything else works fine. (Shuddna said that) Thanks, John