when i double click a zipped file ive burned on a cd, a dialog box appears,although this gives me the option of unzipping the file i would like to know how to have all my zipped files automatically unzip when opened?
    thanks

they are programmed to do so, if you ahve the ref=gistered version you can make them unzip aitomatically
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You can create a self extracting .exe file.
    In Winzip click Actions>Make EXE file.
    Stuffit and most other zip programs can do the same.

i tried creating a self extracting file from the actions menu but im asked to insert disk 1 into drive A. im in the process of downloading the win zip self extractor, i just wanted to know once i run this procedure on the file on cd can i automatically unzip/view the file on another computer which doesnt have win zip at all?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If you purchased Winzip from a store it would come on 2 cd's. The downloaded version reacts in the same way, asking for the Disk 1.
    Normally just click ok and the routine will find this disk as part of it's own exe file.
    Self extracting exe files can be opened on any computer as the necessary tools for extraction are built into the file you create. When a user clicks on this self extracting exe file they will be prompted to choose a directory to place the extracted files. The user can then access that directory and do whatever is necessary.