my microphone seems to have stoped working...i changed the mic and got a new one...and it still does not work...i looked to see if it was the sound card but the sound jack and line in jack and mic jack are all like on the mother board...not in a card like how im used to seeing...someone help me...

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Ok You have intergrated sound but that should not be the problem. The mike may be. Computer microphones should be the dynamic type with a stereo mini plug. Other types may need a pre amp.
    Avoid thes cheap plastic ones with the long neck. They are impact microphones and require a sound before they activate. They will not work when the sound is soft.
    Also clcikon the speaker icon on the task bar and make sure theat microphone is unchecked and the volume is up.
    If recording open the volume control, click Options> properties>recording, check every item then then ok and make sure the microphone is checked.
    Also click Options>Properites and open the other playback and other and check all the boxes there too. this will give you access to all your sound controls.