Hi guys its beeen a while, but fear not i have a new problem for you all to think about.my idiot of a brother installed a program called creative platinum 5.1 which is some sound related thing. now not only does this peice of shit not work but its stopping all other media players and also all system sounds from working. i uninstalled most of the thing but a component "creative surround mixer" wont shift. i try using add/remove programs but when i click on change/remove nothing at all happens, how do i get rid of this damn thing (ps. i will be burning the creative installation cd, when i say burning i mean on a fire)

oh yeah and another thing my computer on restart goes to disk check, when this happens it keeps returning some nonsense about some temporary internet file is not valid it keeps scrolling this message and doesnt allow computer to boot, i tried to delete all cookies and temp internet fils but still keep getting this error?
    oh and thanks to anyone who takes the time to take a look.

Just one more thing, when i go to sound and audio devices it shows no audio devices to exist, the volume control and speaker settings are greyed out and cant be adjusted, under default device only modem 1 line playback how can i sort this out?

Try manuually deleting everything n program files and look for words like it. Other wise yiu could reinstall your other media players
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.

i tried to delete all the creative files i could find, although a few wont delete, and i reinstalled realone player however the problem remains, i think because its not just that a the creative player has taken control of media files but that the sound card has been uninstalled, this im getting from sound and audio in control panel where it says that no audio device has been installed but device manager shows no problems. i dont have drivers for the sound card but when i installed the os they automatically installed but it wont do it now

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I cannot even find a mention of this at the creative site. Figures.
    If you do not have a Sound Blaster Live platinum 5.1 sound card then the software is useless.
    I would say you will need to do some editing of the registry or even do a full reformat and reinstallation. The latter can be done after you tie up the culprit with duct tape

i think the computer actually does have a creative platinum 5.1 sound card and one of those units in the drive bay with all these inputs/outputs. i can remember the software being installed successfully at one time but it was removed. when i try to install the 5.1 cd i recieve error messages about a few files being corrupt, i downloaded the software from the creative website but when i try to install it fails as the directory or file is corrupt or something like that. i guess i probably will have to reformat but as everyone knows thats such a bitch and i was trying to avoid it. and thanks for the duct tape tip all i need now is a blade and the "stuck in the middle with you" cd