Have k7s5a mobo. amd xp 2400 cpu. 1 gig ram. WD 80 gb hd special edition for video editing.ATI all in wonder capture. Video Wave 1.5 -4 & 5. Cameras JVC super vhs. VCR, is JVC super vhs editing vcr. Video captured looks a little bad. After rendering it is almost unrecognizable. I want to be able to capture video and audio (from same source)edit it (effects and all)have it 'produced' and come out (video and audio in synch)looking like something you would want to show and not hide. I do this for church work to share with shut-ins who can't attend but what I've got isn't working. I bought Pinnacle studio 8 with capture card and it was even worse. Does anyone know what combo of video card and editing software I should buy to be able to make GOOD videos? I would like to make vhs tapes and video cds and dvds when finished. I plan to buy digital cameras within this year but still want something to handle analog.I think it's the compression that makes it look so bad. Anyone know of a card that gives real time rendering and doesn't compress that doesn't cost a fortune? I'm asking here because I don't have a lot of money to keep buying things that don't work. Please advise.

Sell the crappy ones.... and buy one that costs a couple grand.... if you are looking for fully loaded video you need a fully loaded wallet!
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Unit is right. The advertising for home viseo production looks soo good. Thing is they use a $100,000 system to make it look good.
    If you are dead serious about videos then forget about using a PC. This is the area in which the MACs rule

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. how dare you shun pc's but I agree for videos MACS are better. The first series of Xfiles was made on imovie and final cut pro
    -Alex
    Be sure to check out my forum at http://johnscompany.net/forum/forum its not as good as help2go but its a little fun place to get advice on computers and talk about other stuf 2.